RESEARCH AND PROJECT WORK
The Equality Institute is a leading organisation in advancing all forms of gender equality and preventing violence against women. We have over 20 years of experience and an unparalleled technical skillset focused on violence prevention and are a leader in conducting rigorous research. We work on projects with other organisations, where our services include, but are not limited to, conducting comprehensive literature reviews, systemic reviews and summaries of evidence; developing, implementing and monitoring research; and translating scientific research into accessible communications products including policy briefs, films, blogs and other products.
For examples of our project work, go to our projects page.
SPEAKING EVENTS, WORKSHOPS AND TRAININGS
Here at the Equality Institute we are committed to growing a community of people to drive change through positive action. One of the ways we do this is by engaging with organisations, leaders and communities through speaking events, workshops and trainings. We bring decades worth of global experience to provide comprehensive and tailored packages and services on topics such as understanding the root causes of violence against women, workplace policies on family violence, what works to prevent violence, why feminism is for everyone, communications for social change, and how to address harmful social norms that drive violence.
Examples of our services can be seen in:
- The training we conducted on gender based violence and statistics in Papua New Guinea;
- Our presentation at the Victorian Women’s Conference in Melbourne;
- Our presentation on improving access to research through clearinghouses at the Pacific Gender Research Workshop in Fiji;
- Our presentation on legal frameworks for violence against women at the regional conference on the role of parliaments in the fight against gender-based violence, held in Tunis; and
- The training we conducted for the the Kazakhstani Statistics Committee to build their capacity for analysing data on violence against women.
To find out what we can do for your non-profit or private organisation and request a speaker for your event please get in touch.