We deliver transformative education to nurture stronger and more inclusive organisations, leaders and movements. Through holistic (and fun) learning approaches and support, we support organisations and individuals in their commitment to lead positive social change.
Gender Equality Foundations
Partner with us
Equality at Work
Our evidence-based and feminist-informed e-learning courses are designed by those at the forefront of intersectionality, research, creative communications, feminist leadership and design, to meet learners where they’re at.
The Gender Equality Foundations Course helps learners:
• Understand what gender is and how we learn about gender
• How gender inequality impacts all people’s lives, including our lives at work
• What gender equality actually looks like and its benefits
• How to advance gender equality
Our Inclusive Language Course helps learners:
• Understand how language shapes the world we live in
• Understand the impact of inclusive and exclusive language
• Build confidence in using inclusive language
• Foster courage to have difficult conversations
Our Diversity and Inclusion Foundations Course helps learners:
• Understand diversity, inclusion, equity, equality and intersectionality and how these can shape individuals, workplace culture and practices
• Build knowledge of what inclusion looks like in practice.
• Foster courage and confidence to incorporate inclusion and diversity across an organisation and ask the right questions when you don’t know.
• Build a culture of inclusion, a celebration of diversity, and empathy and respect for all people.
Gender Equality Act Workplace Training
We provide bespoke support to a range of public entities to advance gender equality in the workplace in compliance with the Gender Equality Act (2020).
We work closely with Victorian entities to develop bespoke training tailored to their identified needs and strengthen their capacity. No matter where you're at in your journey, we take a relational approach to understand your existing strengths and opportunities for improvement. This includes initial diagnostic assessments and co-designed action plans to help implement positive change for your organisation.
Gender Impact Assessments are a way of critically thinking about how policies, programs, and services will meet the different needs of women, men and gender-diverse people. We deliver training on why GIAs are important, and how to undertake them, as well as training on how to create an enabling environment for GIAs with resulting actions plans.
This comprehensive Training of Trainers package includes everything you need to deliver Gender Impact Assessment (GIA) training within your organisation. It includes:
- 100+ page facilitation guidebook, including comprehensive lesson plans, tips, resources, case studies, and more
- Two-day workshop facilitated by EQI to run through the guidebook and training package
- 2 hours* consultation time with EQI experts for check-ins and guidance throughout the process
- Editable slide deck ready to adapt for your training
- Exercise sheet to build your team’s facilitation skills
We deliver masterclasses on key topics related to gender equality in the workplace, including intersectionality in the workplace and gender equality through the employee life cycle. These masterclasses are targeted to specific audiences such as HR, people and culture staff, and people managers, and include practical tips and learnings to support teams and individuals in taking action.
Two years ago, we approached Emma and her team with a vision. We wanted equality education that was impactful, innovative and could shift the hearts and minds of our team members. Lucky for us, Emma and her team shared our vision and were up for the challenge. It has been a pleasure to work with The Equality Institute in creating this ground-breaking education which we launched in October. MECCA team members have described the content as beautiful, thought provoking, considered and deeply moving. It is already changing hearts and minds as we had hoped.
EQI is underpinned by feminist principles in the way they approach their work and the way in which they conduct ourselves. EQI is committed to listening to, respecting, and supporting the diverse voices in our field and the communities with which we work. And EQI actively applies understandings of intersectionality in their work and aim to have diversity reflected in their workforce.
There are few who can match Dr Fulu’s sustained and significant contributions to gender equality and the prevention of violence against women and girls worldwide. Dr Fulu and the EQI team bring a wealth of expertise in research, policy advocacy and program design.
EQI's unique blend of research, design and communications skills places them in a position to target restrictive social barriers to enable women in the economy and bridge the gender digital divide.
In all my engagements with Dr Fulu and The Equality Institute I have found them to be professional, collaborative and a pleasure to work with. They bring a deep and comprehensive understanding of primary prevention of violence against women to their work and extensive experience in national, regional and global contexts which is hard to match. They bring sensitivity, flexibility and innovation to their work and a genuine intersectional analysis and understanding. I can’t recommend Dr Fulu and EQI highly enough.